"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Ps. 34:5

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Friends

I think I was so focused on growing up through high school that I forgot to have time for close friends. Now I have great friends that I do not appreciate enough. Today I was reading about what God says about friendship. I read John 15:9-17. It reminded me not only of the great friendship that I have with Jesus, but also the blessings that God has placed in my life.

The Laugh Attack - I have a special friend that makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. She's such a goof ball I cannot contain myself around her. I have to thank her for the entertainment as well as the reminder that I need to not be so serious all the time. This person helps me practice the truth in Proverbs 17:22. (A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.)

The Listening Ear - I also have a friend that I can go to when I need advice, when I am bawling my eyes out, or when I need someone to pray for me. She is someone that I believe God placed in my life because we go through similar situations and we are able to help each other. Proverbs 13:20 is a great way of describing my relationship with this person. (He who walks with the wise grows wise...)

The Faithful but Fun - I have another friend that brings out my spontaneous side. We love to hang out, spend time in God's Word together, or simply be in each other's presence. We know each other deeply, but have a lot of fun together. Proverbs 27:6 (wounds from a friend can be trusted...) reminds me that this person helps me grow because I can trust them enough to allow them to point out what I need to work on.

No comments: