Sunday my parents and I picked Katie and Andrew up in Westport on the way down to Cannon Beach, Oregon to visit Ecola Bible School.
We ended up taking a tour of Ecola and the Conference Center on Monday. I am excited to meet new friends and to be in a new place, but I have to admit I was a little freaked out after seeing the dorm rooms. They're pretty tiny and grungy and my mom doesn't think they've done anything with them in 25 years (since she went for a quarter). There are two different types of rooms: two-person dorms with communal showers and no dressers, and four-person dorms with a small living room, separate bathroom, and dressers. They don't tell you what dorm you're in until the day you move in, which is frustrating. I have to laugh, because it's just another test of patience to "be" instead of plan. I'm just having to trust Him... "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9.
We also walked around downtown a lot. I went business-to-business picking up employment applications. I'm going to try a couple of my favorites (boutiques and gift shops) and see if they can be flexible with class hours and vacations. It could be hard because classes are from 9 a.m. - noon and 7 - 9:30 p.m. except Wednesdays, where class is in the afternoon instead of evening. This is another test of patience - just waiting to see where God provides. If I can't get a job in town, I can work for the Conference Center doing housekeeping and food service. They schedule around classes and vacations, but they pay less than minimum wage (they're exempt because it's a non-profit organization). We'll see where God leads me...
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."- Romans 8:28, 37
So, I officially leave Sunday, October 12th. I am excited to see how God is going to stretch me and strengthen my relationship with Him this Fall. I am also curious to see how God is going to use me in this new place!
"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." - Psalm 34:5



No comments:
Post a Comment