"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Ps. 34:5

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Transition Time

 Isaiah 43:18-19 - Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Adam and I are taking a step back from our relationship so that he can pursue personal healing and growth with his own family. I admire him for being "man enough" to actually notice the disaster ahead and not wanting to hurt me. He impressed me and I'm proud of him. It's a great opportunity to re-strengthen our friendship, and for me to work on some things myself. We're going to be emailing and still encouraging and supporting one another. It's not completely cut off, but "evaluating our stability." God is going to get us past the pain and bring something amazing out of this. He's already working... Here's some verses He showed me. God is awesome.
 
Psalm 33:18-22 - But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
 
Psalm 34:18 - The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
 
Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
 
Ephesians 3:20 - Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...
 
Jeremiah 32:17 - Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

John 14:18 - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
     
Hebrews 6:10 - For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have showed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. God is going to bless Adam and I for loving one another even though at times it was hard work.

Colossians 3:15 - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. I need to be thankful for the positive and let God heal me and give me peace... and Adam and I were "one" on this decision that was done peacefully.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. God is going to do amazing things in the lives of both Adam and I.

John 8:29 - And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. If Adam and I are doing things that are pleasing and right, he is not going to ever leave me.
 

Some songs God played just for me: 
(If they're not on YouTube, just find the lyrics and read them)
6 Bethany Dillon songs - All I Need, Dreamer, Hallelujah, All That I Can Do, New, and Vagabond
BarlowGirl - Enough

No comments: