The end of Fall Term is bringing goodbyes to many of my new friends at Ecola. Quite a few students are returning to their hometowns because of financial or personal reasons. Included in this group my are two roommates Stephanie and Lacey. We need not consider these students "leaving" but "going." We are sending them back with what they have gained in the quarter at Ecola. Please pray for them: for strength to continue seeking our God and for motivation to follow God's purpose.
The conclusion of this term also marks the conclusion of my position with the Conference Center. I had been praying that God would give me a positive attitude about the job so that I could make a better decision about whether to stay on staff or not. I began to enjoy the work and the other gals, but decided that I didn't want to merely invest my time in a job while I'm here. When I went in to let them know I wouldn't be continuing after Christmas, I found out that many students that have been seeking hours for tuition funds will benefit from my decision to leave. Ahhh... sweet sorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment