:::::
Worship tunes gently played as my car traveled up and down the hilly roads to work. The sun was streaking through the trees, occasionally blinding me as I rounded corners. The song switched just as I came to the crest of the hill. I sat in awe. A blanket of purple covered the silhouette of the magnificent Cascade Mountains directly in front of me. Every crease and pocket was exaggerated by rich violet hues. The song playing exclaimed, "Your love is extravagant. Your friendship; it is intimate. I feel I'm moving to the rhythm of your grace, your fragrance is intoxicating in the secret place..." It was God's gift - just for me! What a beautiful confirmation - such a royal reward for my obedience so early that morning! My eyes grew moist, my mouth stretched into a thankful smile, and I began to sing praises to my captivating God.
:::::
My keys jingled in my hand as I made by way to unlock the 1st and 2nd grade building. The cool air tickled my face. With each stride, moist, chilly air swept across my bare ankles exposed by my black capri pants. The sun illuminated the pond and lower field, but the buildings sat in their last minutes of dewy shadows. I just knew it was going to be an amazing day. The clock had barely hit 7 a.m. and God had already done so much! Another promise was soon revealed: "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ." -Philippians 1:6. God is continuing to amaze me daily, and I am so thankful for every scrap of evidence of His existence in my life.



1 comment:
Jessica,
Thank you so much for praying with me this morning before I left for work. You continue to inspire and encourage me. I sometimes feel guilty because I fear I let you down in that area. To see God working in you in so many ways is so beautiful. If I get nothing more from my job interview than seeing His beauty in you and sharing that moment with you, I'll be fine. I know that is more than I could ask for.
I love you,
Mom
Post a Comment