"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Ps. 34:5

Monday, February 25, 2008

God's Restoration

I absolutely love the way God works. I've been doing part of my devotions out of a book called "Want More? Love," which is one of the books from the brio devotional series. Anyways, I was about to peek ahead and see what the next day's devos were. I stopped myself, thinking, "I can't cheat... God has something really cool in store for me tomorrow." I waited... and I'm so glad I did. It was so much more applicable to the next day, I found myself in tears. I'm a worrywart... a planner... a perfectionist... these habits have become unhealthy, and I've found myself needing to be in control of more and more situations. My devotions were on releasing my worries and hurts to God and allowing him to restore me. It amazes me how much God tells me what I need to hear at precisely the right moment.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." -Isaiah 43:18-19.

"'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord." -Jeremiah 30:17.

No comments: